This article contains information on how to use iCloud. Find out how to log in, check that our files are saved, plus additional things you should know about saving to iCloud and how, plus moving content to or from iCloud. Before going any further, ensure you are logged into your iCloud account and that you have a WiFi connect.
iOS users have two options for where their sketches are saved: Local or iCloud. The reason for this is that since iPads, iPhones, and iPods don’t save content to a folder outside of apps, we wanted to give you an in-app solution. This way, if you save your sketches to the cloud and anything happens to the app, such as it being deleted, your sketches are safe.
How to log into iCloud
1. Tap , then Gallery, and select an option from the dialog that appears.
2. In the Gallery, pinch your file to get to the folder view.
3. Tap , select the file, then tap Move To in the blue bar at the bottom of your screen.
4. At the top of your screen, tap iCloud.
5. Drag the file onto an iCloud folders.
How to check your file is saved to iCloud
To double check that your image is saved to iCloud, do the following:
1. In the Gallery, tap Local.
2. Select iCloud Storage from the menu that appears.
3. Look for your image.
Things to know about saving to iCloud
It’s always good to have several backups of your artwork, even if you’re using a cloud storage provider. We recommend making a local backup of all your SketchBook artwork, and creating a brand new iCloud Drive, if you choose to update to iOS8. Here’s Apple’s support page on how to make a backup. Don’t wait, do it now!
How to save to iCloud
- Tap , then Gallery, and select an option from the screen.
- Do one of the following:
Swipe to the thumbnail view of the sketch you want to export. Tap , select Export PSD, then swipe the list to find and select iCloud Photo Sharing.
Pinch the screen to enter folder view, tap , then tap the sketches you want to save, to select them. Along the bottom of the screen, tap Move To. At the top, tap iCloud and drag the sketch onto an iCloud folder.
Moving saved content from iCloud to your device
1. Tap , then Gallery, and select an option from the screen to access the Gallery.
2. Pinch the screen to enter folder view.
3. Tap , then select the sketches you want to save.
4. Along the bottom of the screen, tap Move To.
5. At the top, tap Local, then drag the sketch(es) onto an iCloud folder.
6. Tap Local, then the folder you dragged the images onto to access them.