SketchBook Motion is a new application which is part of the SketchBook family of apps.
Create images with motion by applying simple gestures to make things grow, move, or emit particles. Use layers to assign different animation to distinct elements in your scene. Add complex animation behavior using advanced controls, such as granular motion.
Entertain or communicate
- Turn images into moving stories
- Add meaning to your presentation
- Build simple animated prototypes
- Design dynamic logos and ecards
- Create fun and engaging classroom projects
- Enhance instructional content
Output and share your work
- Create stickers to add meaning and emotion to your iMessage
- Share your feelings with lightweight GIFs
- Export high-quality movies as MP4s
- Upload html links that can be shared and viewed in any browser
With an existing subscription, all features are fully unlocked. You can only save a file to the gallery with a subscription. All share and export functions work whether you are using the free or subscription version.
Create from scratch or use existing images
- Draw directly with the brushes using your finger or Apple Pencil
- Import any images from your Photos
- Use layers to assign different animation modes to elements in your scene
- Apply simple gestures to make things grow, move, or emit particles
- Add complex animation behavior, using advanced controls, such as granular motion
Deepen your knowledge
- Interactive tutorials walk you through the basics
- In-app examples enable you to dissect more complex projects
- Online help and videos provide instruction for how to use features
Sign up for a 7-day free trial of subscription
What happens after the trial period is over? You will be charged for an annual subscription ($29.99 USD) through your iTunes account. You can, however, log into your iTunes account settings to turn off auto-renewal or change your subscription settings.
What do I get with a subscription? You have access to the entire SketchBook family of apps, including all desktop (Windows/Mac) and mobile (iOS and Android) versions. Download and log in with your email and password.
Does it run on all platforms?
SketchBook Motion runs on iOS only – starting from version 9.
What device(s) can I run the app on?
SketchBook Motion is currently supported on iPad only:
- 6-bit iPad Air gen 1 +
- iPad Pro gen 1 +
- iPad mini gen 2 +
We also support Apple Pencil – get pressure-sensitivity when painting with brush tools.
- Download the app from iTunes.