Do you want to add SketchBook to another device with the same OS? If so, follow these steps to restore Pro Tools on these devices. This will enable you to load your in-app purchase and get these Pro features onto the other device.
You can also use this method (Restore) if you’ve deleted the SketchBook app to reload it onto your device. In this case, you will also need to restore your in-app purchase to load the Pro features.
If you want the Pro SketchBook features on iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows, we recommend you a SketchBook subscription. Subscribing entitles you to the Pro features on Desktop (Mac/Windows) and Mobile devices.
- For more desktop and mobile users, check out SketchBook subscription quick start guide.
- For Mac App Store users, check out SketchBook Mac App Store subscription quick start guide.
Checking your purchase history
For iTunes users, follow these instructions. Here is a video to also help guide you through this.
For Google Play users, follow these instructions. Here is a video to also help guide you through this.
How to restore your SketchBook in-app purchase
If you made an in-app purchase in SketchBook, you can apply it to another device, as long as it has the same mobile operating system. All you need to do is restore your purchase.
1. Download SketchBook from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Ensure you’re logged in as the same user who originally bought the software.
3. Open SketchBook and select > Store and the Restore link.
4. To check to see if you’ve loaded the Pro Tools:
- If you’re on a tablet with a subscription, there will be 14 icons in the toolbar.
- If you’re on a handheld device with SketchBook v.4.0, tap . There should be 10 tools. If there are only 8, you have an older version SketchBook. Click here for an app store description on Google Play Store and here for a comprehensive list of SketchBook Mobile features.