For things on a layer you’d like more of, use Duplicate to duplicate layers, creating a copy of the content and add it to new layers. If you’ve created a stuffed animal and need a shelf filled with them, this is your tool. You can even use it in combination with Merge.
If you are looking for how to copy and paste content, see How to copy layers.
Duplicating a layer in SketchBook for Desktop
- select the layer and tap-hold and flick .
- for Pro subscribers, besides using the layer marking menu, you can also tap and select Duplicate.
Duplicating a layer in SketchBook for Mobile
1. In the Layer Editor, tap a layer to select it.
2. Double-tap the layer you want to duplicate to access the Layer menu.
3. Then, tap . A duplicated layer is created and becomes the active layer.
Duplicating a layer in SketchBook for Windows 10 (Pro)
Duplicating a layer can come in real handy when creating a reflection or even a shadow, with the help of a few extra tools.
Select a layer, tap-hold , then swipe and select . A duplicated layer is created above the current one. It becomes the active layer.