Click here to download free brushes from the SketchBook blog. However, before you do, there are some keep points you should keep in mind:
- You can ONLY install the free brushes on the Desktop, SketchBook for Enterprise, and Windows 10 subscription versions of SketchBook.
- The free brushes will not install on the mobile versions of SketchBook.
- The brushes ONLY work in SketchBook 8.x or higher and Windows 10. You won’t be able to import them into SketchBook 6.x or 7.x.
- If you download the brushes and they aren’t automatically installed, you can manually import the brush set.
Manually installing a brush set (Pro)
- For subscribers, in either the Desktop, Enterprise, or Windows 10 version of SketchBook, tap to open the Brush Library.
- Tap the upper right corner of a brush set to access its marking menu.
- Select Import Brush Set.
- Locate the downloaded brushes (usually in your Downloads folder). Though the file is in .zip format, there is no need to extract it.
- Tap Open.
Windows 10 users – Issues importing the free brush .zip files
If you are using the Windows 10 version of SketchBook, you might be having issues with importing the free weekly brushes. The .zip format is an issue when using the Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browser to download the free brushes. To correct this issue, use a different browser, such as Google Chrome. The zipped file will download correctly and you will have .skbrushes format files.
Brushes missing after an update
Did you just update to the latest version of SketchBook to find your brushes are gone? Don’t fear. They aren’t. You just need to log into your subscription to load the Pro tools and your brushes.