Want to copy layers and then paste the content elsewhere and reposition it? If so, read below, as copy and pasting is slightly different, depending on the version of SketchBook you are using.
Copying and pasting layers in SketchBook for Desktop
To copy a layer, you can duplicate the layer, which creates a copy of it and adds it into the Layer Editor. See Duplicating layers in SketchBook for Desktop for how to do this.
If you want to copy and paste content, use one of the selection tools and make your selection, then do the following:
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+C (Win) or Command+C (Mac) to copy the content.
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+V (Win) or Command+V (Mac) to paste.
See Selection tools for information on using the selection tools.
Copying and pasting layers in SketchBook for Mobile
- In the Layer Editor, tap a layer to select it.
- Double-tap the layer you want to copy to access the Layer menu.
- Tap , then to add the copied layer to the editor.
- Finally, use the additional tools to reposition it.
Copying and pasting layers in SketchBook for Windows 10
Copy a layer, then paste and reposition the copied content onto that layer.
In the Layer Editor, tap and select Copy. To paste the content, tap and select Paste.