For Android: Transferring images from one device to another is necessary if you just got a new device and want to transfer your SketchBook images over to it. Here’s how to do it:
1. Back up your data from the old Android device to a
1. Connect the old device to a computer. When the AutoPlay dialog appears, select Open device to view files.
2. Tap the Phone icon.
3. Go to Autodesk > SketchBook3, select all the .tiff files, create a copy of them, then save them to a folder (name it SketchBookExpress) on your computer.
3. Import your images into the Gallery on the new device.
1. Connect your new Android device to a computer.
2. When the AutoPlay dialog appears, select Open device to view files.
3. Go to the Autodesk folder, then drag the SketchBookExpress folder (from your computer) onto the Autodesk folder.
Here is a video demo of this process on a Mac; however, it is the same on Windows:
4. To load the images into the Gallery, launch SketchBook on the new Android device.
5. In the Gallery, pinch the screen to change the view to see all folders.
6. Tap and choose Import legacy data from the list.
7. Tap Select All, then Import to load the images into the SketchBook Gallery.
NOTE If you delete the app, your images should still be in the Autodesk folder.