It’s almost that time again… New York Comic Con 2016. We attend a number of fan conventions around the country every year, but everyone knows that NYCC is the biggee. An estimated 170,000 people will parade through the Javits Center starting this Thursday. As always, we’ll be there in a big way, showing off SketchBook and our photo app Pixlr.
Artists in our booth
We’ll have some seriously special people who are a real treat to see in action drawing at our booth. It’s truly our best year ever:
- Tony Fleecs: He doesn’t just draw ponies, but boy is Tony’s My Little Pony artwork wonderful. We’re delighted he’ll be joining us to share his skills. We have a closet Brony on staff, so if you’re a Brony, too, please stop by and show our teammate Andy how to own it. Tony draws Thursday noon; Friday 12-1 p.m.; Saturday 5-6 p.m.; Sunday 4-5 p.m.
- Ken Lashley: A frequent guest at our con booths, Ken draws a crowd with his take on characters like Superman, Batman, and Black Panther. A fan favorite and a star of one of our videos, Ken’s a real pro. Ken draws Thursday 1-3 p.m.; Friday 2-3 p.m.; Saturday 2-4 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Natali Koromoto: It’s such a pleasure to watch Natali draw punk rock lite girls in real time. She’s precise and creative and makes you want to grab a pen and try it yourself. She’s also great at applying her unique style to things like Recreating SpongeBob SquarePants. Natalie draws Thursday 3-4 p.m.; Friday 5-7 p.m.; Saturday 4-5 p.m.; Sunday 2-3 p.m.
- Paul Shipper: If you love movie poster art (and honestly who doesn’t) you’ll dig Paul’s work. His movie poster art is off the hook. Paul draws Thursday noon; Friday 1-2 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.; Saturday 1-2 p.m.; Sunday 1-2 p.m.
- Ken Taya: It’s a first time appearance for Ken at our booth — a.k.a. the artist known as “Enfu.” We’re incredibly excited to see him draw his amazing sticker-like illustrations. They’re so delicious, and they’re now available in book form as Cute Grit. Ken draws Saturday 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sunday 3-4 p.m.
- Renee di Cherri & Kyle Runciman: Our very own resident artists, Renee and Kyle, will be sharing their mastery of SketchBook. Nobody knows our app better, so bring your questions and stump them — or just enjoy some cute and fun drawings of girls on skateboards, ninja turtles, and bad-ass cars. They’ll be drawing it up the rest of the time. Say hi!
Live on Twitch & Facebook Live
Don’t have a ticket to NYCC? It’s too late to get one because it’s been sold out for months, but we invite you to drop in and see what we’re up to on the SketchBook Twitch channel and on Facebook Live. We’ll be broadcasting and taking questions for the artists, so please pop in and tell us where you’re calling from and what you use SketchBook to make.
Cosplay fanatical photo booth
NYCC is the place for cosplay. People bring their A game, and we are always there to capture it. We’ll be taking photos of the best cosplay we see, so saunter on by and show us the goods. Our photographer, Michael, is downright amazing at posing and capturing cosplayers. It’s all free and for the love of cosplay.